How can I serve at Canton United Methodist Church?
CLICK HERE to sign up and volunteer. Descriptions of how you can volunteer below.
Opportunities to Serve-VOLUNTEERING YOUR TIME AND TALENTS
Children’s Ministries (contact Laurel Laubach)
- Work with Chi Alpha Kids (preschool - 5th graders) on Wednesday evenings
- Help with Children’s Church on Sunday mornings
- Have a blast helping with Vacation Bible School!
CUMC Youth Ministries (contact Scott Richmond or Clay Lundberg)
- Work with Middle/High School students on Wednesday evenings
- Work with 7-8th-grade Confirmation students on Sunday Evenings
- Work on the Transportation Team for special events
Hospitality Ministries (contact Sarah Woods)
- Welcome Team - Greeting people on Sunday Morning
- Usher Team - Greeting people at the entrance to the sanctuary
- Communion Team – Helping prepare and serve communion.
Music Ministries (Contact Laurel Laubach or Jenna Stearns)
- The Choir
- The Children’s Bell Choir
- Special Music
Tech Team Ministries (contact Laurel Laubach)
- AV/Technology Team
- Sound Board Operator
- Presentation Operator
Board of Trustees (Contact Glen Vant)
There are a few simple steps for you to consider when volunteering:
- Express Your Interest: Contact the ministry leader of the ministry in which you are interested in serving for more information. Each ministry has different parameters and requirements for serving.
- Meet & Greet: Take an opportunity to meet the volunteer team and observe the in’s and out’s of the ministry.
- Start Serving: Use your passions and skills to connect with God and with others!
- We desire to become a serving church answering God’s call to serve by connecting our unique gifts and passions to His mission, resulting in Christ-centered growth that is celebrated in community! You can make a significant difference in the lives of others. You have a purpose. Start the journey of discovering it
“For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.” Ephesians 2:10
We Would Love To Hear From You!